From 9 to 10 December 1988 the city of Gomel hosted the scientific and technical seminar "Star world"
(see program in Russian) organized by the Center "Star world" and its Director Anatoly Yunitskiy, as well as the regional Board of the USSR Union of scientific and engineering societies and the Gomel House of technology.
The following scientific and technical films were demonstrated and reports were delivered at the seminar:
- "On the creation of the all-Union Foundation "Star world", speaker - the Director of the training center, pilot-cosmonaut of the USSR Igor Volk (Moscow);
- "Program "Star world" as one of the scenarios of the civilization development", speaker - the Director of the Center "Star world" Anatoly Yunitskiy (Gomel);
- "Organizational aspects of staffing the program "Star world", speaker - the Principal of the Gomel Polytechnic Institute A.Shaginyan;
- "Evolution of biosphere into noosphere and global problems of the present", speaker - N.Budko, research officer at the Commission of the USSR Academy of Sciences on the development of academician Vernadsky's scientific heritage (Moscow);
- "Some aspects of promoting the program "Star world" in the participating countries", speaker - the executive Secretary of the UNESCO Program "Man and biosphere" T.Vasilyeva.
According to the results of the seminar, the participants took a decision to re-register the Center "Star world" under the auspices of the Soviet Peace Fund and the USSR Federation of cosmonautics, since its activities surpassed beyond the framework of youth organizations and the Central Committee of Komsomol in Belarus.