Factors reducing overall environmental pollution:
- absence of dusting and ecologically hazardous soil banks and pits;
- absence of obstacles for animals migration;
- lack of soil swamping due to the absence of obstacles to free flow of ground and surface waters;
- low specific fuel consumption for the transfer of passengers and freights;
- absence of high electric voltages, high currents and strong electromagnetic fields while applying electric traction;
- absence of exhaust gases, de-icing salts and products of tyre wear, as well as asphalt-concrete surfacing.